Alaskan Brewing Company – IT Help Desk Specialist – Come work with a dynamic team that sees technology as a driver, not a cost center! – Job Listing for Craft Beer Brewbound.com
Alaskan Brewing Company is looking for an IT Help Desk Specialist to join the Brew team!
Work in a dynamic IT environment using the latest technology solutions such as Cisco Meraki, VMWare vSphere, VMWare Horizon, all in a tough production environment with a forward-thinking company that sees technology as a driver, not a cost center !
Position: IT help desk specialist
Starting salary: Employee, exempt, DOE
Hours: Full time, 40h / week, occasional overtime
Advantages: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, employee share ownership, AD&D, life insurance, identity theft protection, employee assistance, group rate pet insurance, employment benefits, and Moreover !
To apply: alakanbeer.com/careers
Contact: [email protected]
A little about us:
Alaskan Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located in Juneau, Alaska. At Alaskan Brewing, our vision is to be a leader in the craft brewing industry, focused on quality, community and innovation. Alaskan Brewing Company remains locally owned and operated with the same original group of investors, as well as employee-investors and an employee stock ownership plan. Our core values are ethics, excellence, rooted in Alaska; with a continued priority to make our workplace safe, fun, stimulating, innovative and environmentally proactive.
The IT Helpdesk Specialist works to support, execute and execute internal company information technology operations including hardware, software, networks and telephone systems in a predominantly Microsoft Windows environment / Active Directory. That implies:
- Helpdesk calls and resolution, including ticket creation and follow-up
- User training on products and best practices
- Account creation and management
- Printer deployment, administration and support
- VoIP phone system administration
- Imaging, configuration and deployment of workstations
Reporting to the IT Director, this person is an integral part of a dynamic team and works in a collaborative team environment. General knowledge and skills include:
- Associate in Computer Science, Diploma in Computer Information Systems or equivalent years of experience
- System administration skills such as troubleshooting focused on determining hardware versus software, hardware versus firmware, software versus operating system, network versus applications / systems, and recurring issues by in relation to non-repeatable problems
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage competing demands
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality of sensitive company information
- Ability to make formal written and in-person presentations
Live. Life. Alaskan. Our team of brewers are passionate about the outdoors and the Alaskan way of life; we are hikers, bikers, wildlife watchers, boaters, anglers, photographers, skiers, snowboarders, climbers, pickers, beach goers, dog walkers and enthusiasts who like to take our beers on a fortunate adventure. Juneau is located in the heart of the Tongass National Forest and many of the ingredients we use like spruce tips and glacial water can be found in our garden. While Juneau is the state capital, the population is only about 30,000; you can meet new faces while enjoying the ambiance of a small town. Juneau has its fair share of rainy days, but they rarely dampen the pioneering spirit we all share. From our vibrant summer filled with daylight and tourists, to our slower winters countless cross-country and downhill skiing opportunities, Juneau offers a wide variety of ways to experience life in Alaska. At Alaskan Brewing Company, we are deeply rooted in our community. Our employee events, volunteer opportunities and annual fundraisers keep us actively involved locally, nationally and in our exciting industry.