Giants think upset Monday night against defending Super Bowl champions (PHOTOS)
Never say never.
OPEN THE PHOTO GALLERY HERE
The New York Giants (3-6) travel to Tampa Bay on Monday night to face the defending Super Bowl champions. And they will visit a struggling Buccaneers (6-3) team, having lost their last two games.
Want more Giants coverage? Get exclusive information, behind-the-scenes insight and the ability to text journalists directly to reporters
Here’s what you need to know about the game of NFL PR:
• QB DANIEL JONES completed 15 of 20 atts. (season high 75%) and had a TD against 0 INT for a score of 104.2 in week 9. Is one of 6 NFC QBs with more than 7 games (7) with a 90+ rating in 2021. Rated 95+ in 3 of his 4 road starts this season. Aiming for 4th place overall with a score of 95+. Passed for 336 yards and 2 touchdowns against 0 INT for a rating of 112.7 and had 2 direct touchdowns in the last road meeting, his first career start and victory.
• RB SAQUON BARKLEY has over 65 scrum yards in 2 of his last 3 road games. Has 1,952 scrum yards (102.7 per game) in 19 career road games. Has 189 scrum yards (94.5 per game) and 3 touchdowns (2 rush, 1 rec.) In 2 career games against TB. RB DEVONTAE BOOKER tallied 122 yards of scrimmage (a career-high 99, 23 sc) in Week 9, his 5th career game with over 100 yards of scrimmage. Aiming for his 3rd in a row with more than 120 yards of scrum.
• TE EVAN ENGRAM had a 15th career TD catch in Week 9. Aiming for his 3rd in a row with a TD catch. Has 6 catches for 113 yards and rec. TD at the last road meeting. Aiming for his 3rd in row VG with 6+ catches and 5th in overall against VG with 60+ rec. meters. WR STERLING SHEPARD had 7 catches for 100 yards and caught a TD in the last road meeting. Aiming for his 3rd in a row against VG with 7+ catches and 70+ rec. meters.
• S XAVIER MCKINNEY had 2 INT, incl. 1st career INT-TD, in week 9 and is 1 of 2 (JC JACKSON) with 2 games with 2 INTs in 2021. DB LOGAN RYAN is aiming for his 6th in a row on the road with more than 7 tackles. DL LEONARD WILLIAMS is aiming for his 3rd place against VG with sack.
• Quarterback TOM BRADY has 1,277 passing yards (319.3 per game) and 18 touchdowns against 2 INTs for a score of 120.6 in 4 home starts this season. Aiming for his 4th in a row at home with a score of 100+ and a 6th in a row at home with 4+ TD assists. Needs 3 TD assists to tie HOFers BRETT FAVRE and PEYTON MANNING for 2nd biggest season with over 30 TD (9) assists in NFL history.
• RB LEONARD FOURNETTE had 92 yards in scrum (47 rushing, 45 rec.) And 8 receptions, a season high, last week. Aiming for his 3rd in a row at home with over 90 scrum yards and a leading TD.
• WR MIKE EVANS had 40 rec yards. TD last week, his 70th career rec. TD. Need 128 enr. yards to become 6th WR with 9,000+ rec. yards and 70+ rec. TDs in the first 8 seasons of all time. At 32 receptions for 582 yards (116.4 per game) and 6 rec. TDs in 5 career games against NYG. Had 190 rec. yards & 3 rec. TDs at the last home meeting. Aiming for 5th in a row against NYG with rec. TD. WR CHRIS GODWIN has 7 catches and 57 rec. meters last week. A rec. TD in 3 of 4 home games this season. Aiming for his 3rd in a row on MNF with a TD catch.
• LB LAVANTE DAVID had 14 tackles and FF last week. Is 1 in 4 (CHANDLER JONES, ROBERT QUINN & JJ WATT) with over 25 FF (25) since 2012. LB DEVIN WHITE became the 1st player since PATRICK WILLIS (12/23/07) with over 18 tackles (more career high 18) & 2+ sacks (2) in one match. Aiming for his 4th in a row with more than 10 tackles. LB JASON PIERRE-PAUL had 58.5 sacks, 90 TFL and 47 PD in 111 games with NYG (2010-17).
Thank you for relying on us to provide journalism you can trust. Consider supporting us with a subscription.
Mike Rosenstein can be reached at [email protected].